· Production of plan
· Manage plan and variations, including design, planning, building control, party wall agreements, tendering, contract management, and the build itself
· Highlight and manage dependencies
· Highlight and manage issues
· Production of budget
· Management of budget and variations
· Assist in negotiation and price savings
· Assist with architect selection and briefing
· Assist with design concepts and ideas
· Assist with structural engineer selection and briefing
· Review planning designs
· Review building control detailed designs
· Review structural designs
· Assist with Party Wall surveyor selection and briefing
· Assist with drafting PW Awards
· Negotiate PW Awards via PW Surveyor
· Manage inputs to PW Agreement, including architect and structural designs
Tendering for Building Contractor
· Assist and co-produce Schedule of Works
· Assist with adding contractors to tender list
· Organise sending tender packs to contractors and talking through
· Meet contractors on site and walk the job with a view to producing tenders
· Assist with final selection of contractor
· Note: Client will need to make site/reference visits on their own
· Production of correct contract with builder
· Compliance with legal requirements in respect of health and safety
Contract Administration and Build Phase Project Management
· Site visits for duration of construction phase, probably 2 per week
· Remote issue resolution via telephone/email etc.
· Assist with quality and workmanship management
· Agreement and negotiation of interim invoices commensurate with contract value achieved, probably fortnightly
· Management of variations in budget or scope
· Assistance with compliance with Building Control via contractor and designers
· Advice on procurement of client supplied items such as sanitaryware, kitchens, tiles, doors, ironmongery, flooring
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FEES
Depending on the stage involved, we haven’t yet charged more in fees than we have saved clients overall in other cost areas. We would not wish to be involved if we thought we were just adding cost to the project.
Typically 2.5% of construction cost.
1. Putney, London SW15. Loft conversion and rear extension. £125,000.
2. Hammersmith, London W6. Loft conversion and rear extension. £125,000.
3. Putney, London SW15. 80% demolition and new build. £150,000.
4. Kensal Rise London NW10. £250,000.
5. Barnes, London. £500,000 conversion including basement.